RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash

Subject: RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:52:32 -0600
John:

Actually, I kept most of them on a tripod as the BG2, T32, camera and
lens combo can get heavy after a while.  It took a little more fiddling
with the tripod, but as long as I set up for the shot and waited, I
didn't feel like I missed anything.

In looking at my old Metz 402 last night, I figure that I can use this
instead of buying something else.  Even at diminished capacity, it was
still giving me the f4 at 50 ft (ASA 250) that I needed.  The other good
thing about this flash is the capacity of the battery unit.  I put 4 "C"
batteries through 4 rolls of film and began to see the longer recycle
times.

Also when meditating on the desire to have more flash power, I decided
that if I use the 200/4, I would want to keep it wide open so that I
won't have background exposure time of 1 second or more!  I don't know
if there are any more important services in the near future, so now I
can concentrate on other aspects of the architecture....

Bob