Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?

Subject: Re: [OM] Recovering blacked out "Olympus"?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:51:34 -0500
At 22:27 3/25/02, Wayne Harridge wrote:

Might be easier to just repaint "OLYMPUS" in white.

Wayne Harridge

My OM-4 is suffering from the white ink chipping out. We manufacture plastics trim and controls for our products. From the inset of the Olympus name on the prism housing and model number on top cap, my guess is the lettering is a type of pigmented ink. If so, the method of applying it during manufacturing is called "fill and wipe." Fill in the inset area and then wipe the excess. Not as messy as one might think if it's performed properly.

I've been looking for a method for restoring the lettering on my OM-4. Someone (John H. or Clint) mentioned a method using a pigmented ink pen some time ago. Been looking for a suitable one to do a home version of "fill and wipe" to restore the "OM-4" and some of the "Olympus" lettering that has chipped out of my OM-4 body.

-- John