Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:27:06 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Norm Nadel wrote:
> >
> > How difficult is it to calibrate the OM-2n ?
>
> It's easy -- after the first 100-200 or so!  ;^)

<SNIP  - an interresting description>

Clint,

I didn't ask the original question, but I really appreciated your lengthy
reply. Very informative. All I've ever had to do on my OM2 bodies has been
to clean the prism for goo ;)

Just two follow-up questions, if I may.....how big a difference,
mechanically, is there between the OM2 and the OM2n? I would guess the
answer to be "none atall", but I could be wrong. Also, how much is the
mechanical difference between the OM2(n) and OM2s(/p)? I know there's much
more electronics in the 2s(/p), as well as a different mirror
construction, but I would assume that much of the mechanical side could be
pretty unchanged?

Of course, this lends itself to the question if an electronically dead
OM2s(/p) could be retrofitted to become functioning as an OM2....

--thomas

(who's still wondering when Clint or John start offering apprenticeship
*gg*)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering