Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Calibrating an OM2n
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:39:28 -0500
You'll need a calibrated shutter tester, calibrated light source, an ee
tester (for checking auto exposure) with an otf pickup.
I found through training at Olympus, each Japanese trainer had his own
technique, so procedure may vary depending on who trained you.  One trainer
might say "curtain speeds should be exactly 10.5 ms, while another says
"they can be between 10.5 an 11.0, doesn't matter as long as they are the
same."
First, if shutter is firing, I set manual 1000.  Clean magnet, adjust
trigger, adjust cut plates.  Then set manual 1/8th.
Then set meter position.
Then check and adjust auto exposure.

Without test equipment it is a REAL slippery slope since you can't check
what is right and what is wrong.  So, if you turn one thing to see if that
makes function better, it may make everything else worse.

John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
New OM & Used, Digital, Pearlcorders, Binoculars
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121