RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes/TOPE
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:47:12 +0100
Hi,

> What a great thread - much better than discussing SUV's.... ;)

I'll say! :)

Alright, I've read all your opinions on this thread and I can see everyone's
points. I think that Conrad's lines down below best represent my view on the
matter of what defines a suitable landscape shot

> I think that this TOPE's intentions of a "landscape" cover just about
> every kind of 'scape discussed thus far.  It's getting a bit crazy to
> assume that the only "correct" TOPE entry is a "common picture of a
> rolling fields with a big ole mountain in the background".....  Photos
> mean different things to different people - that's what's so great about
> the lack of clearly defined guidlines for the TOPE.

For me: the absence of mountains and great nature here in The Netherlands,
no snow this year for doing an "Anton Pieck" (Dutch painter) "snowscape"
shot, and no inspiration yet for bringing out ye 'ole camera have heavily
compounded getting a suitable entry for this TOPE. Last weekend I took some
"creative landscape" shots (I have yet to see the results), but I may do a
re-shoot later this week. So far, about a dozen of truly great shots have
been submitted, so I might be ashamed to put my shot in there....:)

Well, I hope this message inspires everyone to get some shots, by relaxing
the rules a bit and also allowing seascapes and perhaps even cityscapes
(just as long as those at least somehow convey the idea of a _scape_ shot),
we can probably all participate. The time of the year may be an issue for
most of us (as is the case for me), but in a way that makes the theme more
of a challenge, so it doesn't have to be a negative thing perse. :)

Cheers!
Olafo