Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE: Landscapes
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:50:21 -0500
At 21:54 3/26/02, Les Clark wrote:

I thought that this silly notion was buried decades ago. Do you still
run across dinosaurs who mouth such tommyrot? I think that if anyone I
encountered mouthed such imbecilities I would reply that he or she
needs to be raped by a toreador. Let them figure that one out!

It's all about exclusivity for power and control. It's a symptom of it; I don't think it ever will die completely. There are those who rise by raising themselves up and there are those who attempt to create the illusion of rising by trying to lower others around them. For the latter, one usually finds it extends pervasively into everything they do. I pity their insecurities, their delusions and, in general, their miserable existence. Subconsciously they haven't managed to fool themselves either. Thankfully I don't encounter them very often.

Equally annoying to me are the photographers of great talent who, in showing their works, cannot resist talking about them in such transcendental terms that what they say has little or no relevance to the photographs they're related to. I suspect that upon semiotic analysis their signal content might hover near zero. I waste very little time on such fools as well. Let the photos speak!

ROFLMAO!
Got any R&R LP's from the mid-sixties to early-seventies? Read the backs of the album jackets! Their scripted drivel is plagiarized from them. They must feel compelled to spew forth the gobbledegook to impress fine arts groupies and wannabes who rate artists using an incomprehensibility point system. Operative principle: If they can't be dazzled with brilliance, baffle them with male bovine feces; the more baffling the better. Fortunately, among the regional artists here, they're rarer than the effete, sclerotic gasping geezer snobs.

-- John