[OM] Some photos - OM1 and 50 1.4

Subject: [OM] Some photos - OM1 and 50 1.4
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:41:58 +1100
I finally got around to giving my OM1 a proper run
with it's 50 1.4 (S/N about 600,000). I've got a small
page of 3 results I'm quite happy with (relative to all
my photographic efforts so far):

http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/photo.html

On this particular film, several photos were damaged by
what seems like light leakage (dud foam? Whatever, it
clearly needs a look at, and thanks to see recent list
traffic I've got a Sydney contact to enquire at). Thankfully,
luck placed the damage on photos that just weren't much
chop. A check of previous film show the "leakage" just
in the sprocket part of the film, so it is either
something that's worsening, or I just took longer to
run this film through (and so it sat on a frame in the
light longer).

Still, I'm happy enough with the above to offer them to
my OM friends for perusal, but realistic enough to accept
and welcome critical comment (cropping advice for instance
- such as should "Peter" be cropped at the bottom to exclude
some body - or DOF, or focus, or composition, or whatever).

I'm disappointed that I seem to have the light leakage
problem playing Russian Roulette with my photos, but *very*
happy with my purchase. Now, I'm just after a 135 2.8,
and I've seen a couple of Third Party's for between AUS$60
and AUS$80, so it's only a matter of finding a good one.

FWIW, the two dogs, Monty and Maggie, are mine, and victims
of my photographic aerobics quite often.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz
PS. FWIW, the two dogs, Monty and Maggie, are mine, and
victims of my photographic aerobics quite often