Re: [OM] Some photos - OM1 and 50 1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Some photos - OM1 and 50 1.4
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:22:39 -0800
Since you ask..... I like the composiiton of 'Peter' and 'Maggie', but for me focus and DOF are questionable. For 'Peter' the DOF may be OK, but it appears that the plane of focus is at the tip of the nose and the beard and the eyes and eyebrows are slightly out of focus. In portraits with shallow DOF, I prefer the sharpest point of focus to be the eye(s). For 'Maggie', focus is on the primary eye. Purely as a matter of personal taste, I would have used more DOF to get the lovely ears in focus.

I just love the pose in 'Monty & Maggie'. I personally like the botom 1/3rd or so with the dogs so much that I would crop out the top part and turn it into a horizontal composition. All that fuzzy and washed out stuff in the top part just distracts my eye - but it's only one man's eye and $.02 (~AU$.04).

Thanks for the pics,
  Moose

Marc Lawrence wrote:

I finally got around to giving my OM1 a proper run
with it's 50 1.4 (S/N about 600,000). I've got a small
page of 3 results I'm quite happy with (relative to all
my photographic efforts so far):

http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/photo.html