[OM] Re: BG1&T32

Subject: [OM] Re: BG1&T32
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:46:43 -0800
I was about to say the same thing as John -- at least that what I remembered,
too.  Then I went and dug out an old BG1, and lo and behold, the center pin
_is_
higher, just like the plug of the T-flashes!

Still, on both my T-32 and my T-20, the base of the flash won't allow the shoe
to slide into the BG1, much less plug into the power outlet.  Is there any
indication that the sides of the top part of your grip have been "lowered"?
 The
sides of the top should be flat and level all the way from the front (next to
the plate that says, "OLYMPUS BOUNCE GRIP") to the back, above the knob that
locks the head.

In any event, I'd be worried about damaging the circuits, too.  It might work
just fine for a while, then  >>>phiiitt!!<<<, you've got a smelly paperweight!

You may have nailed the mystery, Clinton.   I took a very close look at the
top of the grip.  The sides don't touch, but it looks like the top may have
been machined off - that is - the very top is not finished and does not
look like plastic coming from a mould, but more like someone sliced it off
with some sort of a machine. Is that the way yours looks?  It's either that
or the lack of a battery cover on my flash that lets me slide it in,
without problems. Anyway, DC is DC, so I'm really not worried about the
circuitry.  Others might be interested in doing this, so once I get a cable
and try it out, and use if for a while, I'll update the list.
Benson