[OM] Re: BG1&T32

Subject: [OM] Re: BG1&T32
From: "Benson Honig" <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:14:38 -0800
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Is this a case of "If it looks like a rose, and smells like a rose. . .
.".  If the power plug fits and it has a power cord whose pins match
the T-32, and it works.  Is sit really a BG1 ?  Sure sounds like the
description of a BG2 to me. Rand E.

I still have the handle and shoe portion of a BG1 that I have no use .
/jim

You could either flip the socket in the grip or the pins in the flash to
make them mate up. _________________________________ John

I once had a BG2. It had an autocord socket on one side, and a
place for a strap, and it also rotated. This has none of that. But it
mates up. Jim - does your handle match a T32 pin out? If not,
someone thankfully modified this one - on both the handle and the
shoe portion -  suggesting that it might be a good idea for others
interested in doing so (that is, someone with a BG1 that wants to use
a T32).

Next month I'll be auctioning off a 28mm 3.5., just the lens,  in
excellent condition (I'm the original owner, and it had a haze filter on
most of its life). If anyone on the list is interested, I'll sell it to a list
member for the lowest price on Skip's page ($58.00) and toss in
free shipping and a week's no question asked inspection. I'll also be
putting up a NIB shoe2 and a cracked shoe 3, but will trade either
for a TTL autocord.
Benson
********************************
Words are the bridge from wish to reality, they possess the power
to turn thin air into great cities. But be careful, for that bridge can
be traversed in both directions and rather than help build a great city,
they can destroy a beautiful dream.
Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business