[OM] Re: BG1&T32

Subject: [OM] Re: BG1&T32
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:58:56 +0200
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:55:53 -0500
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: BG1&T32

The BG1 power plug is like a widely spread V.  The T32 shouldn't have mated
up because the plug in the flash is supposed to have the V going the other
way ^  .  T32 could be damaged in the long run, I don't know.  Did you try
taking the AAs out of the flash to see if only the grip will power it alone?

I know you're the expert, John, and also that you warned me this should not
work. I don't know what to say...yes, of course, it works without the AA
batteries. Further, the pins on the T32 flash exactly match the BG1 grip.
If you're certain that the T32 and 310 have an opposite pattern, the only
explanation is that someone must have modified this particular BG1 grip to
work with a T32. If they did so, it was a great job, since the powercord
plug on the handle has exactly the same male pin-outs as a T32. I don't
have a 310, so I don't know what it would look like. Since both flashes
work on the same DC voltage, and the T32 continues to work with either AA's
or with the C batteries in the grip, it would seem to me to be ok, no?
Benson
Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business