Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges

Subject: Re: [OM] PayPal Interest Charges
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:36:35 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Frank van Lindert wrote:

> BidPay is more expensive, in particular for small purchases. You can
> only pay for auctions, and not make other payments.

Yes, it is definitly much more expensive and it wouldn't be my first choice.
However, you can make non-auction payments if you want.  Just tell them
it is an auction and use either a fake auction number or an old auction.
I've done that in the past and it has worked.  It seems they don't verify
the information you give them is correct.  Use of an obscure auction site
would probably be best, that's what I did and it worked.

> CitiBank would not accept me because I don't live in the USA. I could
> easily become a verified PayPal member though.
> In particular for foreigners PayPal is a very good system, especially
> when you keep a balance there so you won't need to pay from your
> credit card account or make withdrawals too often. Those are the most
> expensive things...

I find PayPal great for making payments, but I won't use it for receiving
any large payments.  I just don't like the fact that they keep your money
and make it difficult to get to if you're a foreigner.  I'd rather pay the
few cents per transaction rather than let them hold on to my money.
                                        -mark