Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:25:35 -0500

From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:53:38 +0000 (GMT)

>On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Walt Wayman wrote:
>
>> I have been given
>> permission by my good lady wife to buy an E-20, or the like,
>> before we leave for Alaska the last week in June.  I've decided
>>to go digital on this outing to avoid the airport film x-ray
>>hassles and travel as light as possible,
>
>Buy an E10 while you still can and save the difference for future
>investment in an interchangeable lens system camera a few years
>down the line?
>
>Which reminds me: I have, after all invested in a digital camera,
>but not an E10.  I decided instead to start my foray into the
>totally digital domain with a somewhat less expensive, much lower
>res, but in at least one way better suited to my needs, C2100UZ.

I didn't mention it when posing the original question, but my
third option is to just buy a pocketful of smartmedia cards and go
with my C2000-Z.  I've got the auxiliary tele and wide-angle
lenses, hoods, filters, etc., and the whole kit fits easily in a
fanny pack (a/k/a bum bag) and weighs next to nothing.  The more I
think about it, the more tempting the option I didn't mention
becomes.

Walt Wayman