Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!

Subject: Re: [OM] Help me! Help me!
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:10:18 -0800
In a message dated 2/8/2002 Walt Wayman writes:

<< Slick, silver-tongued devil that I am, after only moderate
cajoling and the tiniest bit of whimpering, I have been given
permission by my good lady wife to buy an E-20, or the like,
before we leave for Alaska the last week in June.

(1) Go ahead and get an E-20, even though the price is still high
and it does have certain faults, some of which are currently under
discussion here.

(2) Wait for the interchangeable lens digital body.  I understand
it's supposed to be in the $1500 range, and if so, that leaves
$500 of my allowance for a lens, possibly a zoom the equivalent of
the E-20 lens. >>

The interchangeable lens Olympus digital SLR probably won't hit US
stores 'till close to Christmas 2002 so I have a feeling it's not an
option for a June trip to Alaska.

You're going to want to budget for some serious amounts of memory card
capacity (and a digital wallet or laptop to dump the cards into) and
batteries (just a few sets of AA NiMH are all you really need).

These days, a bargain priced E-10 offers the best bang for the buck. You
will start getting payback immediately from not having to buy film and
processing (but prints cost).

I'm on my way outside to experiment with my T-32 as a fill flash for the
E-10 in manual exposure mode.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com