Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:05:27 -0800
Not to worry, my original OM-1 was taken climbing, backpacking, and bounced
around in a bicycle bag for many years. I do have to admit that the 'fragile'
meter finally did stop working. I really don't quite understand it, it really
wasn't that big of a drop, probably under fifty feet or so! Seriously my
first OM-1 was 'used hard and put away wet' as the phrase goes, and it was a
35-40 foot drop that killed the meter. Also put a goodly sized dent in the
corner of the top plate. Other than the meter the camera functioned fine for
many a year afterwards.

Jim Couch