RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:21:05 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> I don't the lever is a goof on this camera even though I could not
> use it without using right eye protection.  Haven't all Nikon SLRs
> had this "feature" for years? Nikon would probably face howls of
> dismay from loyal Nikon buyers who would miss this very convenient
> feature. Of course I prefer the auto-off of the OM4Ti and I have
> never had a problem with firing the camera inside the bag.  Sort of
> solution for a nonexistent problem?  That was the nice part of Mr.
> Maitani.  He rethought the camera completely without being wedded to
> legacy design considerations.

Uhmm..IMO, the one feature missing on all OM's (except OM1) would be
the "off" position which really turns off the camera (yes yes, I
know...but the OM2's off still enables "auto" to work, as does the one on
10/20/30 - and 40?). Of course, that *could* go to indicate which of the
OM-bodies really is the *perfect* one ;)

--thomas