Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!

Subject: Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:04:05 -0800
1/24/02 8:38:11 PM, "Michael" <moc63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
>A few months back I tried the very same thing but I cut a thin piece of
>plastic from the side of an empty milk container.  It was opaque and thinner
>than the original Oly 21mm wide diffuser and I fitted it in a "bowed out"
>manner trying to diffuse the harsh, direct flash.  I over exposed by one
>stop and had the flash set to manual.  What a disaster, every shot
>underexposed.  Reason, I don't know.
>
>I have since used a genuine Oly diffuser with perfect results.
>
>I can only put it down to the unknown diffraction of light through the
>"after market" plastic and it blew the light output all over the place.

could very well be. i suspected it also. i think this was the first time i did
this diffuser trick.... lesson:
NEVERY try something new at critical events... how many times have i said that
to others and myself, and
then i go do it!

so, anyone have an Oly diffuser for the T32 they'd be willing to lend me?
pretty please? and ditto the 35-
70/3.5-4.5 (since it's about half as light as the f/4 one!)

/A/S
--
dum spiro, spero
http://users2.ev1.net/~wesiddiquis/siddiq/