Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!

Subject: Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:28:57 -0800
1/24/02 8:14:44 PM, "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> this past wkend, i was de facto unofficial photographer for my cousin's
>engagement
<snip>
>Lesson one.
>Never be de facto photographer of anything - especially family events!
>Feign illness.

Haha, that's what i plan, but then i see so much will be going on, i can't help
but run to redlands camera
and buy a bunch of film and go shoot!

>> However, the  prints came out muddy and basically trashed, and the negs
>aren't dense,
>> meaning  underexposure, probably  by at least a stop.
<snip>
>Lesson two.
>With negative film, overexpose the hell out of it and, you'll get something.

i was overexposing by at least 1/3 stop easily, just to be safe... I didn't
want to really blow the flash, and get
"deer in headlights" look. since i had done this before (in a different venue
with remarkable success i might
add), i figured all would go well. i even used normal auto last time and it
worked, bouncing off the ceiling! i
cant believe this mucked up.

anyway i'll get some slides (k64 right now) and test out various methods so i
can opt to either bounce or
diffuse with good results as the room permits. i'm half/half about doing this
unofficial sideline photography.
on one hand, it's a great time since everyone from all sides gathers, all
dressed, but then, if somethings
goes wrong, my neck on the chopping block! the word about my photography at
certain (successful!)
events has spread by word of mouth to people i don't even know who meet me at
wedding! in fact, i get
introduced as "the photographer" and my bro as "the videographer"...

such islife :)