Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:00:57 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Skip Williams wrote:

> OK, now I've got THREE comments in this thread.  Sorry for the overload.

Well, they're interresting - so please go on ;)

<SNIP>

> OK, now that I've gotten THAT out of my system, I use the new Delta 400
> Professional, which is very nice.

How's it different from the "regular" delta 400? I haven't seen the
D400pro here, but - on the other hand - I haven't been looking either ;)

> I actually had a terrible time getting
> the Tmax films to develop properly with Xtol, so I switched to the Delta
> line.  Delta 100 has actually been rated as the finest grained B&W film
> available today except for Tech Pan.  (Not my rating, but I think Erwin
> Puts' from the Netherlands)

Amazing. Should it be finer than the PanF, also from
Ilford? Hmm....need to test this.

<GRAND SNIP>

Another issue on BW-films...I *have*, for some reason, to use AgfaPan 100
for some jobs. However my usual developing leaves me with rather visible
grains. Anyone who can reccomend a really fine-grained developer for
AgfaPan 100 - I'd really appreciate it...

--thomas