Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What to keep when the Digital Day comes
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:40:14 -0800 (PST)
--- Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm struggling with this now, as I am shrinking the kit.  If I
> shrunk
> completely down.......

I have "less struggling" to do than Tom.  I would consider my OM
kit to be my absolute minimum anyway.  If I was Tom, I'd keep
only the BIGGEST and the BEST of any particular focal length.
Chances are that a new digital system will be as good or better
than most "normal" Zuiko lenses.  I wouldn't want a 35mm
duplication of a digital system, but would use the 35mm for
those times when digital won't quite cut it.  For this, I'd have
every possible F2 lens Olympus made.  Forget the 3.5 junk, go
right to the top.  When it comes to macro, keep EVERYTHING!

For me, digital will eventually replace the OMs but I'll most
likely settle in on medium format as the film system of choice.
Might keep an IS-3 around, and the XA is a forever keeper.

Can you imagine what Tom would be like if he was into Leica or
Hasselblad?

AG-Schnozz