RE: [OM] Unexpected Surprises

Subject: RE: [OM] Unexpected Surprises
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu \(Lama\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:24:48 -0500
John,
Initially, the shots have impact becuase they capture the perfect moment.
(Like a calendar photo.)

Then, in the next instant, I was knocked me out by the shadow detail.  How
did you know that the seamless background would be rendered as ***near***
black and that the folds would be captured as deepest shadow?

The sense of depth is really something I've never seen on my monitor before.
It reminds me of my 25 year old Kodachromes from the Grand Teton National
Park.  I'm reminded that someone here used the word "luminous" the other
day.

I want to learn to capture that more often!

Lama