[OM] Unexpected Surprises

Subject: [OM] Unexpected Surprises
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:58:45 +1300
Hi John,

Tremendous photos.  Almost makes me feel like giving up; so much better
than mine.

But that would be chickening out and I like taking photos too much to quit
anyway.

I've never been that expert with artificial lighting and use natural light
nearly
all the time. Really thought provoking lighting.

There's a saying about luck; I don't know it exactly, but it is along the lines
that the lucky breaks come to those who are out there doing it anyway. So,
in a way, they are deserved.

> Rearranged his lighting from a "cross" setup with fill using three strobes to
> single strobe for a couple shots using "loop" and then changed it to
> "Rembrandt"
> for a little more contrast.

Would you care to tell a bit more about these two flash techniques, or tell
where they can be read about?

Brian
Zuikoholics, enablers, one and all.
Feeding fantasies, emptying pockets!