Re: [OM] Frustration with Kodak [slight rant]

Subject: Re: [OM] Frustration with Kodak [slight rant]
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:53:56 -0800
Maybe that is the difference between Charles experience and mine. They do offer
Type R printing for slides which is what I had done, no internegs. I did send in
only very well exposed slides which helps. I have usually had good luck with
type
R prints in general.  I have only had good luck with inernegs when dealing with
pro quality labs that do hand printing. Anytime you do an interneg you have
twice
as much potential for misfocusing and adding contrast.

Jim Couch

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> Welcome to Qualex [Kodak Premium Processing]!

SNIP

> Do NOT send slides to Qualex for duping or printing; same applies to
> sending them negatives to have slide dupes made from them!!!  They don't
> know [or don't care] to do it properly.  I did it once, only once, and
> never will again.  Qualex core business is C-41 processing making prints
> from color negative.  Qualex uses the cheapest method possible for making
> prints from slides.  The slide is photographed using 35mm internegative
> film.  The internegative is then printed on their standard color negative
> paper.  The internegative process can be on par with direct printing if 4x5
> inch internegative film is used, but that's custom work done only by pro labs.

SNIP