Re: [OM] Slides

Subject: Re: [OM] Slides
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 22:19:44 -0800
"John A. Lind" wrote:

> At 03:23 1/9/02, C.H. Ling wrote:
> >If my memory serve, a report from Wilhelm, Henry published in Pop
> >photo some years ago mentioned Velvia was tested to be the (or one of
> >the) most stable E-6 film.
> >
> >The Elitechorme 100 you mentioned is it EB II? I found this film has
> >poor shadow noise (very grainy) although looks fine in other area.
>
> Elitechrome 100 is the same as E100S, except it's not aged as professional
> films are,

snip

Does not "....it's not aged...." mean that the Elitechrome has been
issued to store shelves or refrigerators weeks or months ahead of the
time it would have been delivered had it been labelled E100S? As I
understand it, professional films are delivered to outlets very close to
the point in time when they are slated to be used, rather like fine
wines which have been cellared to perfection and are ready to drink.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC