RE: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!

Subject: RE: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:33:22 -0800 (PST)
Gold 200 for a professional wedding photographer?

I'd say that a pro would have to have a VERY good
reason to use that other than a true pro film designed
for portraits or weddings.  I can't think of a single
reason why Gold 200 would justify the lower price.
Especially with the excellent options we have in pro
films today.

I've seen very stupid things pros have done through
the years (I've done more than my share), and frankly,
using Gold 200 ranks up there as one of the more
idiotic things.  Granted, it is nice and color
saturated, but saturated isn't always the best thing
for weddings.  You must have exposure latitude and
good skin tones.  To get the good skin tones with Gold
200, the latitude goes to pot--and so does the grain.

In my opinion (based on personal experience and
preference), Kodak's Portra films are absolutely the
best all-around portrait and wedding films ever made.
The consistancy, grain structure, tonalities and
exposure forgiveness makes this film a rock solid
choice.  I used to shoot Fuji pro films until Portra
came out.  Never went back.  You really can shoot it
at the rated speed!  However, Fuji's 800 speed film
rules!

AG-Schnozz