[OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!

Subject: [OM] AF vs. MF.. Proof!!
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:42:24 -0800
Well, I saw my sister's wedding pictures taken by the wedding photographer..
She was using a N*kon F5.  I took the same shots as she did..

I was using Fuji NPC 400, she was on Kodak 200Gold.  (Don't you love how I
make film sound like illegal narcotics?  "She was on Kodak 200's at the
time.. " hehehe) well, we compared..  I thought she would have the upper
hand, I figure Kodak 200 would be a bit less grainy than my 400..  Well...

First, my color was much more neutral...  Shooting asians with kodak is not
that great, everybody turns out more brown and yellow than they should.
Second, mine was a LOT (Let me repeat) a LOT sharper.  Her's from an AF
didn't look that focused.  You can't tell from her pictures...  UNTIL you
put mine next to hers.  Same shot, we stood side by side...  My mom's
friends just asked for reprints, and they picked mine over hers...

Mine was in focus, and was just razor sharp.  Her's looked sharp, until
people saw mine, then her's looked a bit soft and blurry..  While AF is very
convient...  I have to admit that part...  But when it's all said and done,
AF cannot focus as well as an MF.  I was not sure about that (as the
THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS) of C*non and N*kon commercials and ads tell me
otherwise...  which contradict what I read on the internet...  but now that
I had proof in my hot little hands...

Albert.