Re: [OM] Xtreme photos/Buffalo

Subject: Re: [OM] Xtreme photos/Buffalo
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:34:51 EST
Buffalo, NY  is strange, almost unique in its winter weather patterns. Not
only do they get storms that roll across the U.S. from the west, they
experience 'lake effect snow' which just pops up over Buffalo since they're
on the eastern border of the Great Lakes. Many times during the winter
Buffalo will get dumped upon, and the surrounding suburbs get much less. I
can't imagine not getting a couple of days notice that a storm is
approaching, as most of us do get.

This recent snow I'm told was even more unusual, the storm was only 5 miles
wide and 15 miles long, and stayed over Buffalo for several days, not moving
much. Early on, one area of the city had a couple of feet of snow, and
another part 10 miles away had sunshine and no snow.

George S.