Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business? (now OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business? (now OT)
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 22:14:57 -0800 (PST)
Thats a true statement Larry. My father's partner in
Law had a relatively easy time of it because the then
senior partner was very gentle with him. My dad on the
other hand works 800f the firm and put in 10 hour
days and yet even though he makes pretty good money,
the now senior partner gets most of the profit. Its
sickening but slimy people do do this. I have a cousin
who works in IT at Wells Fargo Bank and he has a
relatively easy job until something breaks down of
course. He makes more than his mother who is a
schoolteacher (hint: if you want to make wonderful
money as a schoolteacher, work in Madison, NJ over 50%
of the 30 million budget goes to paying these guys and
the enormous beureacracy that oversees to public
shools that is also sickening.) If you're a public
teacher outside of northern NJ you don't make crap for
salary. Anyway it is just that all types are in each
economic braket. Its a mixture of work, society,
environment, education, and many times pure luck
(which run both ways). I don't begrudge people very
much for stiking it rich or working to riches or
whatnot. Also some jobs I've found, are geared towards
making money no matter what the workload, jobs like
banking, investment, civil law, computer programming,
real estate, and entreupeneurs are the people who make
and spend a lot of money. Anyway that's it for me
now... I had a point somewhere I think... Ahh . I
justwanted to say hard work is but one piece in the
money eqution and that sometimes it only plays a small
part. I have seen that Ambition can be a far greater
part of making money although the flipside is also
true, pride goeth before a fall.

(steps off soapbox)

Mark Lloyd