Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:02:21 -0600
Jon,

I am very sorry to hear this happened to you.  Most on the list don't know,
but this same thing happened to me in January of this year.  12 years with
the company. Three cross country moves.

Companies do not have loyalty anymore to their employees. The amazing thing
is that when you leave voluntarily, that's their first comment 'no employee
loyalty'.

Why should we.

I was fortunate to find a new home, surprisingly in the same company in a
different division, after about a month.  That was a bad time and I felt so
bad, more about myself than anything.  In hindsight, I realize that I'd done
a good, no great job, but the people I worked for had not.  They're still in
their positions, but in the long-run, I'll out last them.

I certainly with you well in the job search.  It will happen and it will be
better.

Tom Scales

From: "Jon Mitchell"
<snip>
> That job started 3.5 years ago (July 1998 to be precise).  Yesterday I,
> along with all but a handful (12 to be precise), of the company were made
> redundant due in part to a downturn in the economy but moreover due to the
> abismal management we had in place !
<snip>