RE: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: RE: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:29:52 +0100
Hi,

Well, I wasn't going to reply to this, but Tom's message struck the right
note:

> We all make choices in life. I chose a profession where there was the
> potential for good money. Not for the money, but because it interested me.
> Then I worked hard. For years.

This is exactly the stage I'm currently still in. Indeed, I too am in
software, more so, I'm in the Internet corner. Does that make me rich in one
go? Not a chance (I know I should become a consultant for that ;) ): it's
hard work, and yesterday e.g. I found myself programming at home until
midnight (and that is after having worked at my full time job, doing web
development/design too), just to be able to get out of debt, AND to "afford"
some nice Zuikos on the side (you know, by asking for a Zuiko as part of the
payment). There were times when I was wondering what it was I was doing
wrong, that I never seem to be able to afford anything and that I always
seem to be running low on the cash-flow, and then it struck me: I'm probably
not doing anything wrong at all, but having to support a family of 3 (and a
dog :) ) from just one salary is not that easy at first. I'm still at the
beginning of my carreer, so it's good to see that the perspective (as
implicitely drawn by Tom) is good at least. For now, it's still hard work,
but after several years, I too hope to reap the benefits of it. Having said
that, it's about time to get back to job nr. 1, my day-time job. Tonight,
between job nr.2 and nr.3 I'll see if I have a moment for selecting a TOPE 7
shot, that is, if I can get around to buying a new lamp for my projector
today...

Tom said it: we all make choices. Larry: make your's. It's still not too
late to learn about things such as webprogramming etc., then, after having
put in the obligatory amount of hours(days/weeks/months/years) of hard work,
you too can make good money.

Cheers!
Olafo