Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Out of Business?
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:31:45 +0100
I agree.  I brought my E-10 to a neighbors party and he looked genuinely
angry when, after questioning me about it, I told him the price.   If you
can afford it, "rock on. "

John  Hermanson

Being an actor/director in a fringe group, and after being educated in the most expensive University in Sweden, I make roughly $15 000 a year, which is very low even in Sweden. I estimate I have Oly gear for about $ 1 500 - way to much for that income and way too much for my actual photographic skills. But, I have chosen to prioritize that 'cause it's a hobby I love, and owning Oly stuff simply makes me happy (and a little frustrated - more, more...) Part of the joy is hunting for that rare Fang, the $10 mint OM-3Ti. Until I find it (yeah, sure) I will do more or less good affairs, and keep on taking as many pictures I can. Hobbies are bound to cost, and one must, to an extent, let them cost. I can't like Tom afford the 35-80, but we share the same love for "the sake", and I'm happy he's able to tell us all about it's performance. As a Marxist I believe that the important struggle must be to let every human be born under the same presumption, after that if you strive to get rich or to make theatre, that's up to you.

Henrik Dahl