Re: [OM] [OT] Kodachrome vs Provia Was: This Idiot's Back, Kodachrome,

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Kodachrome vs Provia Was: This Idiot's Back, Kodachrome, and Digital Olys
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:02:13 +0800
I have never use other Ektachrome besides Elite II (EB II). Provia is
a natural color film, I think it does not like E100VS, I have seen
some E100VS shots and some comments from my friends, it is the film
for magic hour, you will get superb color even the original scene does
not have.

We have side to side compared a shot with Zuiko 21/2, I used Provia F
and my friend used E100VS. The shot was a landscape including hill and
sea under sun light. The E100VS shot gives totally wrong color on the
sea grasses on the hill while the Provia F was very accurate, it was
not only my observiation, but six friends together. After that I never
think I will use E100VS. On the other hand, my friend who use the
E100VS still love the film, he like "Extra Color" that are not really
exist.

For skin tones I would suggest Sensia II, which is designed for this
purpose and at the mean time its color is very sharp and beautiful.

C.H.Ling