[OM] Farewell...

Subject: [OM] Farewell...
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:17:42 +0200
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Brian,

I've just returned from my honeymoon in Barcelona and am now wading through
1200+ messages, most of which, are getting deleted after having read the one
or two messages that started the thread in question.

Not so with your message though, I'm truly sorry to see you're going through
a tough time and that you'll be leaving the list. Indeed, the list is not
what it used to be anymore, and I can only hope that matters will improve
again soon. Then, far worse is that you're also having some troubles in your
personal life with your knee and with your brother, this is what I was most
sorry to read. :(

Brian: thanks a lot for all the effort you have put into making the list a
better place and a big personal "Thank You!" once more for the help with
obtaining the 300/4.5, at present the lens has had its second element
repaired, so it's basically back in the same shape as when you negotiated
the great deal for me (the two fungus specks are out of reach though, so
I'll leave them in place). It's a magnificent lens and every time I pick it
up, I can't help but thinking for a brief moment about you and the way you
managed to get it for me at a steal-deal price, while being interested in
the lens yourself too!

You once recited me a poem about this, which basically wound down to the
theme that "people who do good, will receive good", you are definitely one
of the "good-doers" and as such I'm positive you will receive good once the
trouble in your personal life are over with. For the meantime, I wish you
all the best and strength in handling the personal situation. If at any time
I can help in any way, by no means hestitate to contact me!

Cheers!
Olafo