Re: [OM] Light Meter Recommendations?

Subject: Re: [OM] Light Meter Recommendations?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:06:23 -0400
Cc: cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx
You can't go wrong with any of the meters from Sekonic, Gossen, Minolta, or Polaris. Polaris typically are lower priced. I used a Sekonic digital meter for 15 years with no problems. Currently I have a Gossen LunaStar F2 which I really like. But it's a bit more expensive than your budget.

I'd look strongly at the Polaris meters.

The older Sekonic meters like an L-398 (no batteries) or L-498 (batteries) are options and available on Ebay; often NIB. The L398 is built like a tank and will give you many years of service as long as you don't need to meter candlelight.

Ebay is also an option for all the meters.

There have been many discussions over on the Leica UG over the past year or two on meters. They're a pretty opinionated bunch. I'd definately check out their archives first at http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/. Also I think that there were discussion on photo.net.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.