Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol

Subject: Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol
From: Pawel Golik <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:15:15 -0400
On Wednesday 15 August 2001 23:57, you wrote:
> >Is it visible at all apertures? I have noticed vignetting in my wideangle
> >shots  (Zuiko 28/3.5 and wide end of Tamron 35-70/3.5) with polariser
> > (esp. if there's lots of sky in the frame) when they are wide open, or
> > near. It goes away when the lens is stopped down to f/8 (maybe even
> > f/5.6).
>
> What I'm talking about is clipped corners on the edge of the frame
> (distinct black spots).  I think you are referring to is light falloff that
> occurs whether a polariser/filter is in place or not....or do I have it
> wrong?

You have it right, to a point. It looks more like regular light falloff, not
distinct spots, but the polariser makes it much more visible. Without
polariser I can shoot these lenses wide open and rarely have any noticeable
light falloff problems, with polariser it's always there and very visible,
unless I stop down. So the real problem can be a comination of both.
Best solution would be to borrow a thin filter from someone and do a series
of test shots with both filters at different apertures.
        Pawel

--
Pawel Golik
My OM photography page: