Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol

Subject: Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol
From: Pawel Golik <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:55:51 -0400
On Wednesday 15 August 2001 21:28, you wrote:
> I get some serious vignetting with my 24/2,8 and a circ polarizer
> from Vivitar (normal ~5mm thick.)
>   Now, what do I do without spending a million bucks to get this gear
> going?

        Is it visible at all apertures? I have noticed vignetting in my
wideangle
shots  (Zuiko 28/3.5 and wide end of Tamron 35-70/3.5) with polariser (esp.
if there's lots of sky in the frame) when they are wide open, or near. It
goes away when the lens is stopped down to f/8 (maybe even f/5.6). Of course
with polariser this usually means tripod (I rarely shoot very fast films)!
        Now, with 24mm this may not help, perhaps a thin polariser would
improve
things (mine is a regular thickness, Hoya circ poly). They are more expensive
than regular, but it's still not a million bucks.
        Pawel

--
Pawel Golik
My OM photography page: