Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.

Subject: Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 12:37:33 -0700
On Wed, 15 August 2001, "Mike Williamson" wrote:

> > Walt wrote:
> >A light yellow filter is a general, all-round B&W filter.  Its effects aren't
> as dramatic as a red (25A) filter, but the exposure factor is much less (2x),
> and it won't make people look like transvestite mimes.
> >

> Hey fellah, my mother (or was it my father) was a transvestite mime!!!!  You
> looking for trouble?   ;-)
>
> Mike W.
>
> P.S. I do recall having a yellow filter and a green (X1?), but I couldn't
> remember
> when I used those particular ones.  Thanks for the reminder about the yellow.

The green filter is great for skin tones, and if p.j. needs something to render
skin tones correctly, rats or not, I need directions to that island, and if I
can't book a flight, I'll just have to paddle.

Walt

P.S.
I'm habitually (and intentionally) politically incorrect, but maybe I meant
"transendental mines" and just got the digits on the wrong keys.  But a red
fiter does do wierd things to folks' lips and eyes!

Walt