Re: [OM] Film, heat and refrigeration - semi OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Film, heat and refrigeration - semi OT
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:16:08 +0100
When I was in Central America, most of the time the temperature was well
into the 30s (90s if you like funny German units:)), and mid 20s at
night.  Extremely humid as well.  I had no means of keeping film cool,
and in buses it was really roasting, but this didn't cause any
problems.  Colours and grain same as usual - the film was almost
entirely Sensia II 100.  (regarding Dave Dougherty's unfortunate
problems, perhaps heat affects fast films more than slow ones?).  Here's
a fairly gratuitous link to a photo which shows colours and not grain:

http://www.centralamerica.f9.co.uk/photos/057.jpg

Another film thing that people worry about - I've never worried about my
film being x-rayed.  Even with 1600 film nothing's ever gone wrong with
it, on trips to Africa, Central America and Australia.  Another
gratuitous link to a photo which survived on 1600 film:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/photos/milkyway.jpg