[OM] Film, heat and refrigeration - semi OT

Subject: [OM] Film, heat and refrigeration - semi OT
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:03:48 -0500
How important is it that I keep my film chilled on Palmyra?
Temps will be in the 80's and 90's day and probably night.  Should I
absolutely insist on keeping my film in the frig?
I'm probably already causing enough trouble with my camera equipment (both
on the list and getting it there :-), so I would rather not have to take
valuable frig. space.  Since power comes from two generators, I suspect they
don't like for people to keep getting in the frig.  Maybe I could get out
ten rolls and replace ten rolls at a time.  Then, if I know a plane is
coming in the next few days, I can get out the exposed rolls and ship them
home.
So, back to my initial question: how important is refrigerating film?
(I'm probably taking 1/3 Velvia, 1/3 Provia 100, and 1/3 Kodachrome, print
and some other stuff)

As always, thanks a ton!
--p.j.