[OM] Maybe OT question about tripods

Subject: [OM] Maybe OT question about tripods
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:44:06 -0700 (PDT)
In my somewhat short major interest in photography
using Olympus I have almost always taken my pictures
handheld. I have a very steady hand and when I have
shown my pictures to other serious amateurs they ask
me,"Are you sure you took this without a tripod?" It's
always made me grin, but my inexperience and
impatience with using a tripod has seriously limited
me in some ways. I recently purchased a 24mm shift (I
know stop bragging...) and have taken a lot of rolls
with it already. Handheld my shots are good but I want
them to me great and that means using a tripod. Right
now all I have is a very flimsy and uncooperative Star
D tripod that so frustrating to use and position it
makes me wonder how people can actually use tripods
effectively. Anyway to get to the meat of my question
I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a book or
website that has extensive literature on using tripods
and what tripod I should try to get that isnt much of
a hassle while still being relatively cheap $100 and
under. Thank you for your time and please excuse my
long winded speech.

Mark Lloyd