Re: [OM] yet another "What would you take?"

Subject: Re: [OM] yet another "What would you take?"
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:45:19 -0500
p.j.,

Wow, could I be more jealous.

First, to you last question, T32s will not do fill flash. Take the F280.

Assuming a small kit, because of weight consideration, but no limitations on
lenses, here's what I would take.

OM-4T
OM-1n (for when all your batteries die)

F280

21/3.5
35-70/3.5-4.5 or 35-80/2.8
90/2 Macro
135/2.8
2X-a (gives you a 270/5.6)

That's it.  If I had extra weight allowance, I'd throw in the 16/3.5. I
think I could live with this kit. I think you'd use the combo of the 90/2
and 35-70 for the bulk of your shots.  If my needs were not going over 200,
I'd consider the 65-200 to replace the 135/2X-a pair.  Or perhaps throw in
the 75-150, a nice light versatile zoom.

Choices, choices.

Don't forget lots of batteries (357 and AA) and film. Figure out how much
you can shoot and double, or even triple it.

Tom