Re: [OM] Re: I'd love to know how low some of these serial numbers go

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: I'd love to know how low some of these serial numbers go
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:40:21 -0700
on 7/30/01 7:45 PM, Tris Schuler at tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does it glow in the dark? Only your radiologist knows.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1260199281
>
> That's about as low a serial number as I've seen on a Zuiko. Does anyone
> know the starting serial numbers of all the Zuikos?
>
> Tris

The serial number on the recently auctioned 1000/11 was visible in one of
the pictures -- 100187. I took that to mean 187th manufactured but who knows
when? There can't have been too many of that one made anyway. I always
figure the sequence starts with 100000 or such, and counts up from there...
Then the next batch starts 110000 or so, even if there were only 5279 in the
first batch. But I agree with one of the other posts, its much easier with
Leica -- when I got my IIIg the person I took it to looked in a book, and
said - made in Sept 1957. It would be nice if Olympus had records like that!
--

Jim Brokaw