Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing

Subject: Re: [OM] Using a Pro Lab for Developing
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:04:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A hand grip is a
> necessity with a prism
> finder.  The MF SLR goes onto a tripod whenever
> possible.  I don't know of
> many that try Cartier-Bresson style street shooting
> with MF, unless it's
> with a Rolleiflex TLR (which is lighter than most MF
> cameras).  This are my
> experiences; others may have different ones.
>
> -- John
>
> Right on target John, about a year ago I purchased a
Mamiya C220 outfit that included a eyelevel finder,
not a porofinder, a big heavy pentaprism finder. I
have discovered that this monster has no place to hold
onto when useing this finder, unless I can find some
sort of grip thst works, it just has to be put on a
tripod. I like the unreversed view though and I find
that the slowdown has helped my photography. The other
major fly in this 6x6 jar of onitment has been finding
processing for this format. At present it is a 40 mile
round trip.     John Robison