Re: [OM] Re: focusing problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: focusing problems
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:05:53 -0700
on 7/13/01 3:00 PM, DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx at DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 7/13/01 1:14:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> Otherwise, not sure
>>

> I don't know whether it fits for you financially, but an OM-4 or 4t that has
> the adjustable diopter did it for me.  I can acurately focus my OM-4t without
> glasses on.  Also, I found that a new prescription for my glasses made if
> possible to see the ground glass screen in my OM-2 clearly.  When did you
> last have your eyes tested?
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave D

If you can wear contact lenses, they should adjust your vision to 'normal',
which would allow you to properly focus on the OM-1 without adjustments. I
wear contacts, and I adjust the OM-4's to allow clearly detailed view of the
shutter speed and other LCD details, as well as the focus screen circles. I
do this without a lens on the camera, with it pointed at a light source.
Seems to be OK, I have no idea what the diopter adjustment winds up being as
there is no mark that shows when you are set a "0". Then, maybe using a
screen with a focusing aid like the split-image circle would help...

If you can't wear contacts, you should first try the eyecup with the
available diopter lens that matches your prescription. If you can't find one
that will work, I think you can have a good eyeglass lab *make* a custom
element that would fit the eyecup, using the Olympus diopter element as a
pattern.
--

Jim Brokaw