[OM] Olympus Telescope ?

Subject: [OM] Olympus Telescope ?
From: "Malcolm Clay" <zuiko@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:35:13 -0500
Recently there was a question about a telescope made by Olympus. Digging
around the cobwebs of my little brain I remembered one in a system group
photo on the last page of my old OM-1 manual so I dug it out, looked at it
(yep, there it is) and posted a reply that concluded that they did.

I thought it odd that I had never seen or heard of one otherwise so I tried
to find it in the tangle of the web. No luck. Hummm... Well, Olympus America
didn't have any reference to any but they did have a "Ask Us" form so I sent
in a request. Here is their reply:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Olympus has never produced a telescope. We do produce the Astro Scope
Adapter, which allows an OM system camera to fit to a telescope, but not the
telescope itself. The Astro Scope Adapter is shown on our system charts next
to a drawing of a generic telescope, so perhaps this is what you have seen.