RE: [OM] Re: focusing problems

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: focusing problems
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:28:48 -0600
Larry:

The OM-3 and OM-4 have a correction range of +1 to -3 diopters.  If your
vision is anything worse than that (like me), or if you're using one of the
other OM bodies (they don't have built-in correction), you'll need an
eyecup with dioptric correction lens.  I use the Eyecup 2 with a -5
correction lens without glasses, and while it's not exactly right ('bout .5
diopters not 'nuff), it's close 'nuff and is MUCH better than before when I
was trying to get the focus right while wearing progressive contacts.
With the progessives, the focus was all over the map, depending on how
I placed my eye up to the viewfinder.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris

On 13 Jul 2001, at 13:21, Timpe, Jim wrote:

> I suggest (and am not kidding for once) a 3 or 4T.  The ability to crank in
> diopter correction for just what you describe is a life saver
> (prolonger????).  Short of that, perhaps the diopter correction add ons
> should solve the problem too.  You don't really want to go auto
> everything?????

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca