Re: [OM] Competition for OM in the 70s

Subject: Re: [OM] Competition for OM in the 70s
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:36:54 +1000
>Biggest seller? From what I see second hand, I would guess the Pentax
>Spotmatics, but I still think Olympus perceived the competition to be the
>Nikon and Canon pro cameras. Was anyone on the list shopping for an SLR in
>the early to mid-70s? Can you remember what was on your list? I wish I could
>say I was into OM then, but the truth is I was more likely to be in the
>market for the latest copy of the Beano and a quarter of Cola Cubes...
>Regards
>Will

Mid-seventies - yeah - I had a Nikkormat and then an FM and finally a nice
used F2. What's around second hand can be misleading - it tends to show the
best survivors rather than the best sellers. That can be the tough ones
(Spotties) or the ones that didn't get much use. Incidentally, there was
also a Pentax MG.
I'm still in the market for a copy of the Beano but preferred aniseed balls
myself.
AndrewF