Re: [OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)

Subject: Re: [OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:31:44 +0200
Interesting question!

> I've always taken off my glasses, and then looked through the viewfinder,
> adjusting the diopter until I can clearly see the LCD readouts/bars.  That
> seems to work.

If I took off my -5.5 glasses, I would not see anything but the viewfinder
frame itself. How do you adjust the diopter with your glasses on? I have
followed the guidelines earlier discussed in this group, but still feel not
safe with that procedure, especially because glasses make the focussing
difficult: pressing your glasses against the viewfinder itself may change your
eye's actual focussing settings.

Some images taken with my OM4Ti therefore seem to be less sharp than I could
have expected, in particular close focus shots.

Bernd