Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop

Subject: Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop
From: "Bruce Kolber" <bkolber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:10:34 -0400
I too have had some recent disappointments .....I think a lot of it is
related to people selling items (OM stuff especially) that they have
"inherited" and have not personally used (and also have little knowledge of
photographic equipment).  I recently purchased an item (I know, I'm being
punished for buying something for my non-OM bodies) described as "Min*lta
X700 Camera Case... is in excellent condition..never been used".  When it
arrived it was a) used and b) only the nosepiece (no base). Went back to
look at picture in auction and it is front view with heavy shadow....no way
to see the base is not there.  Never thought to ask if "CASE" meant "WHOLE
CASE".  The refund is coming but what a waste of time.  The thought of
buying stuff with moving parts is even more worrisome.  If I read one more
description that says something like "MINT++ condition except for bullet
hole through front element" I think I'll scream.  Maybe we should start a
contest for "most ridiculous description in an Oly eb*y auction".

Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA