Re: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop
From: SSchup1130@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 07:46:28 EDT
In a message dated 07/08/2001 5:35:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oben@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a question to people who know about the 21mm f2 lens. I just got
> one of these lenses and have noticed that at the 0.20 m close focus limit
> the focus ring comes to a 'soft stop'. Its hard to describe but it
> literally comes against a slow soft resistance rather than the hard stop
> I'm used to on other lenses when turned to the close focus limit. It makes
> no noise when it comes against that stop whereas other lenses have a
> definite sound when hit against the hard stop.
>
> My question is: Is this normal for this lens or have I got a lens that has
> a problem of some sort?
> Would any other 21mm f2 owners tell me what their lenses do....
>
> Much appreciated.
> Oben

 Hi Oben,

 I never payed any attention to that until reading your description.I tried
focussing mine back and forth from close to infinity and noticed the same
softness you describe on the short end.I would have to say this is normal for
this lens.When I bought mine it had seen very limited use.

Scott Schupbach